• (052) 612 1999 / (01) 546 1121
  • info@clearysolicitors.com

Personal Injury* Law

If you are reading this, you may have been personally injured* in an accident and are now questioning what your legal options are.

If you have been injured as a result of the actions of someone else, you will have suffered what is termed a Tort, which is a civil wrong, which basically means you will have a right to recover damages for this wrong. Tort law is there to protect people from harm and injury and attach legal responsibility to anyone who causes the harm.

Any type of accident can be covered by tort law such as, if you have an accident in a car, or as a pedestrian or an accident at work.

As we all know, your health is your wealth. We can all take this for granted sometimes until we are unwell.

If you have been in an accident and are injured and someone else caused your accident, you should be compensated for the injury and the disturbance to your life. This disturbance could be loss of work, loss of a hobby or various other things. A real life example could be a chef who especially needs his hands for work and one day, while driving home, he is hit by another car and suffers an injury to his hand. If you take proceedings against the party who has caused your injury and it goes to Court, the Judge hearing the case will consider the extent of the pain and discomfort caused to you by your injury and in addition will consider the impact of the accident on your work life, your social life, and personal life in making an assessment of damages.

Your Solicitor’s job is to ensure that the offending party is held legally responsible for causing the accident.

You won’t need a Solicitor if the offending party agrees to compensate you for causing the accident and liability is admitted and you are happy with the compensation offered. Now being Solicitors, we would advise you to seek advice from a Solicitor to ascertain if the offer of compensation is fair.

If on the other hand, the person who caused the injury does not agree to compensate you, you will need a Solicitor unless you decide to pursue the matter yourself.

Your case could be decided by the Personal Injuries* Board which would mean that you would not need to attend a hearing of any sort and the Injuries Board can direct the offending party to pay you a certain amount of compensation. If the case is not dealt with by the Injuries Board, you will have to go to the District Court, Circuit Court or High Court to establish that the offending party is legally responsible for the accident and must pay the compensation. If the offending party, once the Order has been granted decides not to pay, your Solicitor can help you with what is termed enforcing the Order to ensure that you get the compensation.

Personal Injuries * In contentious business, a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.

Medical Negligence

If you have been injured due to Medical Negligence, Kieran Cleary – Solicitor has many years experience in the High Court in Medical Negligence actions and Personal Injury* actions.

If you have been injured to to Medical Negligence we will work with you to establish if you have a case. We will collaborate with you to seek to address the unanswered questions and issues.

Personal Injuries * In contentious business, a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.

Employment Law

Cleary & Co. Solicitors have many years of experience aiding the resolution of Employment disputes for Employees and practicing in Employment Law. We can aid the resolution of employment disputes, or if necessary, provide representation at the Workplace Relations Commission.

If you would like to know what your rights, entitlements and or options are and believe you have been treated unfairly, we will advise you what can be done.

We can assist Employees in:
Unfair Dismissal actions;
Constructive Dismissals actions;
Redundancies actions;
Bullying & Harassment actions;
Discrimination actions.

Family Law

If you have a Family Law concern, you may require a Family Law Solicitor and if so, you should seek one you can build trust with straight away, who can address your concerns and provide practical solutions.

Wills & Estate Planning

At Cleary & Co. Solicitors, Clonmel, we provide comprehensive advice on all matters related to making a will. If you have lost a loved one we will assist you and advise you on taking the necessary steps towards administering your loved ones estate.

Request a Call Back

Meet the Team

Roger Cleary
Roger is a litigation solicitor who represents clients in general litigation matters with a particular focus on acting for employees assisting in the resolution of employment disputes and representing clients in personal injury* and medical negligence* actions.
Kieran Cleary
Kieran Cleary has thirty five years experience in all. He has considerable experience in Litigation in the many of the Circuit Courts throughout the country and the High Court. Kieran was educated in the High School Clonmel, Rockwell College Cashel, University College Cork and the Law Society of Ireland.

Recent Articles

Defective Product Litigation

Defective Product Litigation A myriad of injury causative factors can stem from the use of everyday products that a consumer uses. These products may include ...

Elder Abuse

Elder abuse is an act, either single or repeated, or lack of appropriate action that occurs within a relationship where trust is expected by both ...

Spinal Cord Injury* Claims:

Spinal Cord Injury* Claims The instance where an injury results in spinal cord damage and the inability of the backbone to function is typically known ...
Unfairly Dismissed – What are the Options ? This article concerns unfair dismissal law in Ireland and outlines the options that are available to an ...
Occupational Health & Asthma  Employers have legal duties towards the occupational health of their employees. If an Employer has caused an Employee occupational asthma there ...