Tourist Visa

Depending on the country you are a citizen of, you may need a visa to travel to Ireland.

If you are a citizen of the EEA (European Economic Area) or the UK or the Swiss confederation you do not need a tourist visa.

Tourist Visa

You have a right then to enter Ireland and reside for up to 3 months. The only formality is showing immigration control your passport.

A person not from either of the above may need a visa.

A non EEA national or UK national needs permission to enter the state by reporting to immigration on entry to Ireland.  

Immigration Solicitors

If you have questions about visas, you can speak with an immigration solicitor on (01) 546 1121 or  (052) 612 1999.

Online Visa Checker

You can check if you need a visa by availing of this online nationality checker.


Here is the online application form.

You must have a valid passport.

Also, you must be able to show you can support yourself for your stay, which could be with a bank statement.

Detail of any family members in Ireland or the EU must be given.

Hotel booking confirmation will be required.

Documentary evidence confirming your home country return will be required.

90 Days

Short term tourist visas are only granted for 3 months.

Application Fee

The application free for a single journey visa is €60.

Visa fee exemption countries :

Cote d’IvoireNorth Macedonia
JamaicaSri Lanka

If you wish to contact an immigration solicitor with queries about employment permits you can contact us on 052 61 21999 or 01 546 1121.


Please be advised that the above-mentioned material is intended as an overview and as a broad out-line of the topic discussed. It should not be considered as complete and comprehensive legal advice, nor act as an appropriate substitute.

Due care has been taken in the publication of this article and we do not accept legal liability as a result of reliance on any material covered in the above article.

Tourist Visa

Areas of Immigration Law We Cover

Visas Covid 19 related Update June 2021Nurses Work Permits IrelandInvestor Visa
Healthcare Worker – Employment PermitsVisa Permission RenewalSubsidiary International Protection
Reactivation Employment PermitInternship Employment Permit
Deportation Order IrelandGeneral Employment Permit IrelandDoctors Work Permits Ireland
Contract for Services Employment PermitRegistering for Immigration PermissionCritical Skills Employment Permit
VisasCitizenship Application Ireland Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permits
Immigration Permissions UpdateEU Citizens RightsAppeal a Visa Decision
Children & CitizenshipTourist VisaTransit Visas
Working Holiday Visa AuthorisationEmployment Permit RefusalInternational Protection / Asylum
Civil Partnership Residence Application Ireland
Family Members & EU Treaty Rights
Identity Card & EU Citizens
Student Visa Ireland
Business Visa Ireland
Application for Family Reunification in Ireland
Parent of Irish Child – Family Reunification De Facto Partner of Irish Citizen -Family Reunification
Family Reunification Ireland – Critical Skills Work Permit
Long Term Residency
Family Reunification G.E.P.
Application for International Protection
Spouse / Civil Partner of Irish Citizen –
Family Reunification
EU Treaty Rights & DescendantsFamily Reunification International Protection
EU Treaty Rights Decision Review
EU Treaty Rights & Civil Partners
EU Treaty Rights & Spouses
EU Treaty Rights Residence CardWork Permits Ireland

Roger Cleary

Need Legal Advice ? No Problem. Contact Us Today !

We help people injured due to negligence* attain restitution to their pre-accident position, as much as is possible, for the pain, suffering & financial loss, by seeking damages from the negligent party on their behalf.